SPRING IN BLOOM
May 5, 2019 @ 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
On May 5, 2019, the NBSO will conclude our main stage season with SPRING IN BLOOM, led by Edward Cumming, Hartt School of Music, with guest violinist, Sirena Huang. The concert will celebrate new beginnings and the magic of the season.
Pre-concert Talk with Maestro Cumming: 2:00 pm
Concert: 3:00 pm
The program will include:
- Copland: Appalachian Spring
- Vivaldi: “Spring” from the Four Seasons with guest soloist, Sirena Huang
- Saint-Saens: Introduction and Rondo Capricciosa with guest soloist, Sirena Huang
- Smetana: Moldau
- Beethoven: ‘Scene by the Brook,’ from Symphony no. 6, “Pastoral”
- Strauss: Roses from the South
Edward Cumming, Conductor
Edward Cumming is Director of Orchestral Activities at The Hartt School, in Hartford, Connecticut. Before this appointment, he was Music Director of the Hartford Symphony Orchestra, hailed for its remarkable artistic growth during his tenure. The announcement came after a two-year search process, involving nearly 300 applicants from around the world.
violinist, soprano, mezzo soprano tbd
Praised by The Baltimore Sun for her “impeccable technique…deeply expressive phrasing…and poetic weight,” Sirena Huang is one of her generation’s most celebrated violinists. She brings not only technical brilliance and powerful artistry to the stage, but also a profound sense of connection to her audience.