- This event has passed.
Our concert today is CANCELED due to the winter storm. We hope to reschedule for December 15th, 3pm. Check back for updated event information. Free Concert! Brass Quintet and Pipe Organ
December 1, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Start your holiday season off by celebrating with NBSO at this moving, holiday classic performance featuring the iconic South Church pipe organ, trumpets, french horn, trombone and tuba.
Also meet our new Music Director and Conductor, Toshiyuki Shimada!
Tickets are NOT required but we ask that you do Register so we can get a count on approximate number of attending.
- Wachet Auf – *Organ Solo
by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
- Come All Ye Faithful and Joy to the World – *Brass Quintet and Organ
by John Francis Wade (1711-1786) by Isaac Watts (1674-1748)
arranged by Don Gillis (1912-1978)
- Nutcracker Waltz of the Flowers – *Brass Quintet
by Pytor Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840 -1893)
arranged by Eiko Orita (1953-present)
- Noel – *Organ Solo
by Louis-Claude Daquin (1694-1772)
- Go Tell It On The Mountain – *Organ and Brass Quintet
Traditional 19 Century Spiritual
arranged by Luther Henderson (1919-2003)
- Festive Sounds of Hanukkah – *Brass Quintet
Traditional – arranged by Bill Holcombe (1924-2010)
- Prelude and Variation – *Organ Solo
by Cesar Franck (1822-1890)
- Carol of the Bells – *Organ and Brass Quintet
by Mykola Leontovych (1877-1921) & Peter J. Wilhousky (1902-1978)
arranged by Arthur Frackenphol (1924-2019)
- Greensleeves – *Brass Quintet
Melody by King Henry VIII(?) (1491-1547)
arranged by Todd Marchand (2009 – present)
- In Dulci Jubilo – “In Quiet Joy” – *Organ Solo
by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) and Maurice Dupre (1888-1941)
- Hallelujah Chorus – *Brass Quintet and Organ
George Frideric Handel (1685- 1759)